Adding text-to-speech ( TTS ) to your WordPress website enhance the experience of users that prefer listening to content over reading also can make your site more accessible to people with disabilities and.
Why Use Text-to-Speech?
Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) enhances accessibility and promotes equal access to digital content to a wider audience. Users with visual impairments such as blindness or low vision to consume your content and engage with your information.
User Experience Enhancement
Some users may prefer listening to the text rather than reading, especially when multitasking or on the go. One of the main benefits of using Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) in WordPress is the improvement of the user experience. Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) makes content more engaging, immersive, and interactive, providing an audio option for consuming content.
Productivity and Efficiency
Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) enables users to listen, process, and absorb information more quickly than traditional reading methods. Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) technology facilitates faster information consumption, leading to improved productivity and time-saving advantages
Save your time
Text-to-Speech ( TTS ) is useful for users who need to skim through information quickly or who have limited time available. By adjusting the speech rate to their preferred speed, users can efficiently consume a larger volume of content in a shorter period.
About Text To Speech Pro
- Save time by listening while you’re doing other tasks.
- Engage with your customers more interactively.
- Improved UI of the button.
- Integrate with Google Cloud Text To Speech.
- Get more than 600 voices when you’re using Google Cloud Text To Speech.
- Download the audio version of the content when you’re using Google Cloud Text To Speech.
- Remove special characters from content during reading.
- Remove URL from content during reading.
- Responsive speaking button.
This plugin is built on browser speechSynthesis API. No external API is used. Here is the API used speechSynthesis.
That is why it doesn’t support all Android phones, also all languages here you can check which Android phones and which devices support this speechSynthesis API.
Another issue speechSynthesis API differs from browser to browser also device to device. So it changes the voices and languages based on the browser. one language may be available on desktop
It can be not available on a mobile phone. One voice may be available on a desktop, it may be not available on Android.
Here you can see some languages which are supported by the browsers based on the device.
- Chrome Desktop: UK English, US English, Spanish ( Spain ), Spanish ( United States ), French, Deutsch, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Taiwan) Hindi, Indonesian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese.
- Chrome Mobile: English USA, English UK, German, Italian, Russian, French, Spanish,
- Microsoft Edge Desktop: All Languages
- Microsoft Edge Mobile: All Languages
- Firefox Desktop: English
- Firefox Mobile: English USA, English UK, German, Italian, Russian, French, Spanish,
- Add a play button to any post or page.
- Unlimited text-to-speech.
- Add more functionality to the website for a range of users including the visually impaired and the old people.
- Customization of button color, width, and button text based on site language through filter.
- Live preview of the play button during customization.
- Add custom CSS and custom class to the button.
- Change listening language to any language.
- Choose a voice from more than 20 voices.
- Customization of the button in the block editor.
- The play button can be added by shortcode